Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Original Music: City of Lakes Community Land Trust Promo


Kevin Obsatz put together this documentary video for a City of Lakes Community Land Trust event; he asked me to contribute a long-form piece of music to underscore testimonials on the organization's work.

Here's an excerpt of the music on its own:

The temp track in use was Moby's "The Violent Bear It Away" (clearly I've been typecast as a bald composer), so I did my best to approximate the driving and uplifting aspects that Kevin found appealing, keeping it really simple to provide a bed for the visuals and voices.

I put the track together in a few hours, we did a round of revisions, Kevin mixed the music in with his audio, and the showing went over well a few days later. Quick and easy!

Mike Hallenbeck home page

No comments:

Post a Comment