Monday, July 27, 2015

"Through A Purgatorial Twenty Eleven" Screens At 2015 Square Lake Film And Music Festival


I'm pleased to announce that "Through A Purgatorial Twenty Eleven", an experimental short film by Trevor Adams that I recently scored, has been accepted into the 2015 Square Lake Film And Music Festival on August 8th. It's a real honor to be a part of this program.

I last worked with Trevor on 2014's "McFowl!", which screened at the 2014 Square Lake Festival. This new collaboration refines our previous approach. It's always a lot of fun to accompany Trevor's compositions; in both of these cases he uses Super 8 footage that he's shot himself as a substrate for frame-by-frane animation scratched, inked, and painted into the film. On this outing I've tried to pare back my contribution to less droning and more... particles, if you will.

The film lineup hasn't been announced in its entirety yet. I know that a film by Kevin Obsatz will be featured, but that's about all I got.

The music schedule is out, though, and I'm honored to share the stage (as it were) with artists like Dosh and The Roe Family Singers. In the case of the latter, any band featuring Rich Rue and Dan Gaarder is a must-see.

So if any of this floats your boat, feel free to head on down to Stllwater on August 8th... and you get 50% off admission if you bike there, by the way. Just sayin'.

Update: Apparently Mirrorrorim, an animated piece I scored for John Akre, appeared in the festival as well...

Hoping for some more good festival news soon. Stay tuned!

Mike Hallenbeck home page

No comments:

Post a Comment