Monday, November 23, 2015

Rickrolling ISIS




According this recent report from Dazed, the hacker consortium Anonymous has begun rickrolling the terrorist group ISIS. As someone who has written extensively on the rickrolling issue in the past, I of course take an interest in this.

Dazed reports that "according to a recent tweet from the #OpParis account, Anonymous are now flooding all pro-Isis hashtags with 'Rick Roll' videos. That means; whenever any Isis account tries to spread a message, or get something trending, the topic will instead be flooded with countless videos of Rick Astley circa 1987."

Excellent!



Dazed helpfully apologizes to those who don't remember rickrolling, since it started in 2007. Old school, baby.

I have to say I'm of two minds about Anonymous... while I tend to align with their political views, I have to wonder how I'd feel about them if I didn't...

Mike Hallenbeck home page + contact info

No comments:

Post a Comment