Monday, March 14, 2016

Neil Breen Redux




I've written about Neil Breen's work enthusiastically in the past, and I'm pleased to announce that I've now seen all three of his films currently in circulation ("Double Down", "Fateful Findings", and "I Am Here.... Now"). His new feature "Pass Thru" currently awaits distribution.

Of the three I've seen so far, I heartily proclaim "Fateful Findings" the champ. It just plain has the most to offer: a byzantine nest of subplots unravels further and further as the film rolls on. Check out the trailer:



"I Am Here.... Now" is pretty interesting conceptually, but it's also a little slow. Happy to have it under my belt, though, and I'll gladly continue to follow the career of this American auteur.

Mike Hallenbeck home page

No comments:

Post a Comment