Sunday, April 3, 2016

A Few of My Favorite Memes, April 2016


BRIAN WILLIAMS RAPS

I guess these first two from the Jimmy Fallon show, which I don't usually see so it's been up to social media to throw 'em over the wall to me. It's a pretty simple premise: cut up newscasts by Brian Williams to make him unwittingly perform rap songs. Thus, his "cover" of "Rapper's Delight":



"Baby Got Back" also gets the treatment:



And so on... there are fine versions of "Bust a Move", "Gin and Juice" (highly recommended), etc. But I'm sure you can find those on your own.

I have a lot of sympathy for whoever had to sift through all those newscasts to find takes of Williams saying all that stuff. I mean, there's software to make all that easier, but it still must be pretty arduous work.

"WRECKING BALL" WITHOUT MUSIC

This enterprising soul re-dubbed Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball" video without music, cutting in realistic sound design elements and creating one hell of a creepy video in the process:



Thanks to Jason Schumaker for hopping me to that one. It reminds me of some more favorites. The "Star Wars: A New Hope" throne room scene, stripped of music and re-scored using only sound effects and dialog elements, results in a document of the awkward and dull event it would have been had it actually happened:



The Bowie/ Jagger "Dancing in the Street" video given the same treatment:



And I just discovered this too... man, this one is amazing.



However these people manage to find the time to do this stuff, I can only hope they continue to find it.

Mike Hallenbeck home page + contact

No comments:

Post a Comment