Tuesday, June 7, 2016

In Depth: Audio Branding for Bim Bam Bumper




When the San Francisco-based Jewish educational resource provider G-dcast decided to re-brand as BimBam, they invited me to provide a musical arrangement for a new bumper to preface videos and marketing content. Here’s what we came up with together:



The creative brief called for a focus on the words “refreshing”, “joyful”, “credible”, “accessible”, and “empowering”.

One specific idea thrown my way was to incorporate the sound of a spinning gragger:



Digging into my noisemaker collection, I found that I had not one but two graggers on hand. I duly incorporated one (opting for the wooden version, as opposed to the metal version demonstrated above, which I also had), and we were off.

I tried a few different options/ iterations, ranging from straight sound effects to a musical arrangement. The latter found the most favor, and we settled on an upbeat tag that integrated some chiming tones and dynamic percussion to bring the piece to life.

More branding work by Junior Birdman Audio

Like Junior Birdman Audio on Facebook

Follow Junior Birdman Audio on Twitter

Junior Birdman Audio Home Page + Contact

No comments:

Post a Comment